Different plans require different types of trust and fiduciary services. Through our wholly owned subsidiary, Newport Trust
, experienced trust administrators focus on providing responsive, secure, and technologically advanced services. Newport Trust maintains a fully responsive, secure, reliable and effective operating environment with proper controls and safeguards to provide structure around the fiduciary decision making process, reinforced by a regulatory framework and periodic audits.
Our corporate trustee and custodial services include:
Grantor (Rabbi) Trusts for Non-Qualified Plans
- Services for the same-day processing of trades, individually directed accounts, separately managed accounts and company stock
- Trust accounting, including:
- Calculation of realized/unrealized gains and losses
- Tax withholding, remitting and reporting
- Daily unitization of company stock, separately managed accounts and fund portfolios
- Allocation of plan sponsor and employee contributions
- Collection and crediting of plan income
- Disbursements of expenses and third-party payments
- Check, ACH and wire distribution
- Consolidated monthly statements and certified annual trust reports
Newport Trust may be retained as trustee of a rabbi trust that an employer establishes to secure benefits for a non-qualified excess plan, top-hat plan, or other executive deferred compensation plan. With in-depth experience in change-of-control and change-of-heart situations, Newport Trust can hold and invest trust assets pursuant to the trust agreement, providing another layer of security to participants and beneficiaries.
Our responsibilities as trustee may include:
- Asset custody
- Defending the trust and interests of plan participants against hostile takeovers
- Determining participants’ entitlement to distributions after a change in control
- Administering plan distributions
For more in-depth information on Rabbi Trusts, download our White Paper here
Newport Group's Institutional Trustee Services are offered through Newport Trust Company
, a wholly owned subsidiary of Newport Group, Inc. Newport Trust maintains the necessary seperation and appropropriate controls to safeguard client information and satisfy applicable regulatory requirements.
For more information on Institutional Trustee Services, call 646-313-3553.
Newport Group and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. Clients should consult their own tax, legal and accounting advisors before making any decisions