Sep 07, 2021
Walnut Creek, CA — Sept. 7, 2021 — PLANSPONSOR magazine has ranked Newport as one of the industry’s largest and fastest growing retirement services providers.
In the magazine’s annual “Recordkeeping Survey,” Newport was #1 for new defined contribution plans added in 2020. In addition, we ranked #9 for total retirement plans under management out of 54 companies featured in this year’s survey.
Newport also ranked highly in a number of other areas:
- #16 in overall plan assets and #19 for total plan participants—up one position in these main survey categories from the previous year
- #2 for overall non-qualified assets and #2 for total non-qualified plan participants
- #5 for both total ERISA and non-ERISA plans
- #10 for both 401(k) plans with less than $10 million in assets and total governmental 457(b) plans
* 2020 PLANSPONSOR magazine, DC Recordkeeping Survey. All numbers as of 12/31/2020.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Newport is a leading independent retirement services provider that helps employers—and the advisors who serve them—prepare employees for a more financially secure retirement. The company has more than $120 billion in retirement assets under administration and more than $265 billion in corporate retirement and insurance assets. Newport maintains investment objectivity, fee transparency and a commitment to flexible, responsive service. Staffed by an exceptional team of more than 1,350 retirement, insurance, and consulting professionals, the company provides retirement solutions tailored to the needs of employers of every size, from small businesses to the Fortune 1000.